PRIVACY ACT 1993 DECLARATION
I understand that there is no obligation to provide personal information but failure to do so may prejudice my chance of obtaining finance. I declare that the information contained in this application is true and correct.
I authorise Auckland Finance and all related companies (as defined in the Companies Act 1993) to use and disclose the personal information I have provided to undertake all necessary enquiries and request, collect, check and exchange information (both now and in the future), including but not limited to personal, commercial and financial information about me and references, from:
- Any Credit Reporting Agency credit provider,
- The NZTA (NZ Transport Agency),
- Ministry of Justice
- my employer(s)
- or any other source
For the purposes of assessing my creditworthiness, providing credit to me, administering and enforcing this Agreement, offering me insurance, maintaining credit records with Auckland Finance, a related company and external agencies, marketing goods and services provided by Auckland Finance, a related company or any other supplier nominated by us.
I also authorise Auckland Finance to disclose information about any loan arising out of this application to any potential assignee of this loan, guarantor or to any person providing services in connection with refinancing this loan, or to any person or organisation I have authorised to obtain information, at any time in the future.
I also understand and agree that in order to facilitate a Credit Reporting Agency’s credit reporting services Auckland Finance will disclose to such agency information about me for that purpose, including any updates of such information. The Credit Reporting Agency will hold that information on their systems for that purpose. Auckland Finance will also collect and disclose my positive credit information including monthly repayment history to credit reporters. If I default in my payment obligations to Auckland Finance, I understand that the information about that default may be given to any Credit Reporting Agency and they may give that information about my default to other Credit Reporting Agency customers.
I also understand that:
- Auckland Finance will meet its obligations to me under the Privacy Act 1993,
- such information will be held by Auckland Finance at their business address and by other parties for the purposes described above,
- I have the right to access and correct personal information held about me in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
I confirm that I do not have any outstanding traffic, parking or other fines, do not have a criminal record and am not an undischarged bankrupt.
Personal Property Securities Act 1999
I waive my right to receive Verification Statements or Financing Change Statements under the PPSA. I acknowledge that I can request such statements by contacting Auckland Finance in writing.
I agree that Auckland Finance may use electronic communication (including email and SMS/text message) for the purpose of making disclosure to me pursuant to the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003, providing me with notices and/or changes to Auckland Finance Terms and Conditions and/or any other reason such as marketing of services and products.
Website Privacy Statement
By viewing the pages of this website (aucklandfinance.co.nz), you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following disclaimers.
This Privacy Statement applies to the Auckland Finance website which is operated by Auckland Finance Ltd.
Security of information
Auckland Finance strives to protect such information; however, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own secure servers.
Personal information you give to us:
Information about you that you give to us by entering information via:
- our website: www.aucklandfinance.co.nz
- corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise,
- and is provided entirely voluntarily.
The basic personal information we may ask for, or you may choose to give us, includes your name, your address, company name, email address and phone number. We may retain details of any enquiry you make to us and records of any correspondence with us.
We will seek to minimise the information we ask for to that which is needed to perform the relevant function or service at the time.
Personal information we collect about you:
We automatically collect the following information when you interact with us: e.g. details of transactions you carry out through the site, and your visits to our site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access.
If you complete the contact form on the Contact page, you permit us using and storing the following information: your full name, company name, telephone number, email address and location.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data pursuant to the following legal bases:
- your consent to share your personal data with third party affiliates who may wish to offer you products and services which may be of interest to you;
- taking steps (at your request) prior to entering into an agreement with you, and subsequently for the administration and performance of our agreement with you;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and / or for the purpose of (or in connection with) legal proceedings; and the use of your personal data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests which are:
- enforcing the terms and conditions of any agreement we have with you;
- the recovery of outstanding debts existing under an agreement with you;
- for statistical analysis to improve our products and services; or
- to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data within Auckland Finance and to third party service providers in the circumstances described below:
- to ensure the delivery or maintenance of products or services you have taken out with us;
- to ensure the safety and security of our data; and
- as part of our internal research and statistical analysis activity.
We will take steps to ensure that the personal data is accessed only by personnel that have a need to do so for the purposes described in this notice.
We may also share your personal data outside of Auckland Finance:
- to an insurer or insurers for administration;
- to claims handlers and fraud prevention agencies;
- to any guarantor;
- to any funder in order to enable funders to assess the value of our assets;
- to any broker or introducer of an agreement with us;
- to tracing and repossession agents;
- if we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third-party buyer;
- to third party agents or contractors (for example, the providers of our electronic data storage services or call centres) for the purposes of providing services to us; and with your consent, to third party affiliates who may wish to offer you products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties will be subject to confidentiality requirements and they will only use your personal data as described in this privacy notice.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.